Saturday, May 20, 2017

Parrots

Here's an awesome image from Ike's Art that is was a freebie on her Challenge Blog, Ike'sWorld Challenges.  They are having an awesome contest this week and this is one of the fun images that you can use for it!  This image is also available in her store, it's called Quirky Parrot.  I totally love it as I love in an area in Austin, TX where there are a lot of feral parrots, so outside my house I may see parrots just flying around.


You can hear them from so far away!  They make SO much noise. Then there's a season where there's migration (not of those who live in Austin) of the parrots to Mexico and then you see tree FULL of them, it's just WOW....

News article with some photos, click here

17 comments:

ike said...

Oh wow ! I didn't know you had wild parrots where you live... how amazing :-)
This card is so cool Holley - lovely colouring and very pretty background for him, it's so delicate :-D
Thank you for using one of my images and I hope you will enter him at IKEsWORLD Challenges.

Hugz
IKE xxx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Susan T. said...

Neat card! I've even seen parrots in my neighborhood too.

KarinsArtScrap said...

fabulous image and a very beautiful card Holley love how you did the background.

Gr Karin

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and love the foliage surrounding the gorgeous parrot.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Tracy Welham said...

A fantastic card, how lovely to be able to see Parrots flying past your house. I love the use of the dies to create the background. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Jackie T said...

Hi Holley this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Fikreta said...

lovely card!

Andree said...

A gorgeous card Holley, the parrot image is so cute. I love the background you've created. How wonderful to have parrots as neighbours xx

Unknown said...

I love this canard Holley, the parrot is so cute and love the colour. Fabulous background. Hugs Jennifer xx

Janny's Cards Creations said...

Beautiful card. Greetings Janny

Kathy said...

Sucha sweet image. Lovely card Holley

NanaConnie said...

Fantastic coloring on that parrot, Holley! Love all the die cut leaves and the tiny flowers are just marvelous. So glad to see you playing in our challenge and using one of Ike's Art images. :-D
NanaConnie DT

Borqna said...

OMG, Holley - Thank you very much!
This is ... a green parrot!
Fantastic coloring too!
Good luck!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Beautiful card, Holley.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

Unknown said...

Fabulous card Holley. The image is lovely. Cathy x

Melody S. said...

Wow. Feral parrots. I had no idea that was a thing! Pretty card! Those die cuts are awesome!

Marjeta said...

Super card. Parrot are fantastic.

Marjeta