Monday, May 6, 2013

Squigglefly Challenge

Happy Monday everyone!  You know that means it is time for the Squigglefly Challenge this week.  The challenge this week is to go Monotone.....Monotone means that you are creating a card based on a single color using all your embellishments, papers and other goodies with the same color.  In my card here of course, it's Brown, which is, one of my favorite colors.  Rules state that you can color your image, which I did, but I used all browns!  However, you can color your image however you like, but to play along, I did my image in a monotone theme too.  This adorable image is called Window Bear from artist Diana Carubia.

Check out the other examples from Holley's Hobbyists over at the Squigglefly Challenge blog and then jump on in and play along.  Make a fun mono-tone theme card with a colored image. 

All the gorgeous papers I am using today are from Paper Temptress, the image is printed on Neenah Solar white.  This cardstock is perfect for printing out digital images, runs through my printer easily and I let it dry many extra hours (even though ink seems dry as soon as you print, when coloring with Copic markers, it's really good to give it more time).  The textured background paper is Canyon Brown Skinny Columns.  It has the best lined texture. I added just a hint of ink on the edges to highlight that fact.  The great die cuts (from Marianne Crafts) are done out of Kraft paper, also called brown bag cardstock.  Don't they go perfect here?

Project Materials:  Cardstock (Paper Temptress); Image (Squigglefly); Diecuts (Marianne Crafts); Ink (Colorbox Chalk); Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue All);  Color (Copic Markers); 

13 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW this is awesome Holley and your coloring is PERFECT! What a fun creation!

Tammy said...

Terrific card Holley!Such an adorable image and colored to perfection! Great papers too!

Holly Young said...

Love this Holley! Those die cuts are gorgeous and the image is colored so well! Very cute card!
Oh - one tip I have for you when coloring digis - rub an eraser over the entire image. This will help remove any ink that hasn't set into the cardstock. Then you can color without worrying about smearing your ink!

Miradormakings said...

Gorgeous card and love that image.

Joan x

Sylvia said...

Window Bear is so cute, love the card and the monotone colours.

Sylv xx

loz said...

Fabulous card and image coloring Holly..Loz

Kathy Bradley said...

Holley,
I love your colors/dies used for this adorable image and card - big smiles!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous Holly, love the browns.
kaye G

Pat said...

Gorgeous as ever, Holley. Love your card.

Anonymous said...

Cutesy card, Holley.

Hope I can join the challenge as well.


Regards,
Vithya

nwilliams6 said...

What a great image! Reminds me of a scene from Pooh - such a sweet look on the bear's face and I love the shutters. Lovely card in every way. Hugz!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Vithya--go join it! The challenge link is on my posting. I can't wait to see what you make :) Cheers, Holley

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouragement!

I will make a card, this weekend n join u girls in all the fun :)