Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dear Santa,.....

Dear Santa, I have been a good girl this year. Promise. Isn't this kiddo the sweetest? I just love her and colored her up in beautiful shades of yellow. Now that thanksgiving is over and everyone is likely to be making their Christmas lists (a.k.a. I want some craft materials, lol!!) I made this sweet card for all of you who are writing your list to "Santa"


Here's a close up to show some the stunning papers used on this card. Each paper was chosen due to it's weight and lovely texture.
You can click the name of the paper to see a sample sheet at Paper Temptress. Here's a little look at the thought process when I am gathering papers to make my cards:

Vintage Silver Lustre-for this card I am using the text weight since the paper is punched and used in the background. This paper has a stunning texture (see the sample) and absorbs ink very well. You can stamp on it and the ink will sink in. The paper I used was silver, but I changed its color for this card by smearing a coating of black ink! It makes the paper a wonderful shimmery shade that just can't be caught in a still photo.

Yellow Crepe Ruche-I just love the thickness and opposing texture that this paper has to the Vintage Silver paper. You can really see the texture of this paper in the main picture.

Black Felt Grande-wonderful background texture and excellent for card backgrounds. It gives the third level of dimension for the card.


Heavenly White-excellent for stamping on, especially if you want to use Alcohol Ink makers like Copics.


Hope you have a great day today! I must say that crafting paper is always on the top of my list. I have a feeling that Santa will be getting an email with some goodies from Paper Temptress on it. Cheers Everyone!

No comments: