Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My heart belongs to you

Here's a beautiful image from artist Nikki Burnette named Arden (click here). This stamp is sold individually and on Plate #82. I love the coy look on her face and the mask she carries to hide herself. I think that makes the saying "My heart belongs to only you!" go with this card so well, as this woman would hide herself from others and only look her lover in the eye.
That great saying comes from plate #102. I used some wonderful paper from WeR Memory as the background on this card along with some mesh to give background color. I used some Colorbox chalk to soften the edges and add depth to the whiteness of the papers. Then I added some color matching buttons and ribbon to round out the card with some simple highlights.
Project Materials: Cardstock (WeRMemory Keepers, DCWV, Neenah); Rubber Stamps(Sweet Pea Stamps); Ink (Memento, Colorbox Chalk); Buttons (American Traditional); Ribbon (Michaels); Diecut (Spellbinders-Nestabilities); Adhesives (Pop dots, Glue dots, Glue all, Ribbon Glue); Color (Copic Markers);

10 comments:

Sheetal Ahlawat said...

Super lovely card Holley.

Julye said...

Very elegant, always fancied going to a masked ball thought it would be fun, and love your colours too.

* Shell B.* said...

Awesome job Holley.......love the colors you used and she even looks to be pointing at her heart as if she said the sentiment.

Shell~Alaska♥

ChickieChirps said...

She's lovely Holley and I love the colours you have used!

Arabella

JinkyK said...

Holley, you gotta teach me how to color. This is out of my comfort zone.. your coloring is amazing!

Larisa said...

Holley, it is very pretty) Already I put my comment at SweetPeaStamps' blog) Love your work!

Holly Young said...

Really wonderful image and your coloring is marvelous. I love that rusty colored lace!

Kathy said...

Holley- Lovely card! I love your coloring I always admire great coloring techniques. I so want to spend time practicing my techniques. I always check out your cards and posts..thank you for sharing.

Melisa Marie said...

LOVE it Holley!! I really do enjoy seeing all the fairy and fantasy type stamps you use. SPS has some wonderful creations!

Keep up the good, inspiring work!
~Melisa Marie

Sue in CT said...

Love it! Love the use of the mesh too.