Friday, April 8, 2011

Fly me to the moon

Here's a stunning maiden from artist ching chou kuik of Sweet Pea Stamps from Plate #101. This gorgeous stamp is filled with love and come with several wonderful sayings. For this card though, I imagine her sitting on the moon and looking out across the world for her lost love. I added a wonderful but very simple sentiment "MISS YOU" from Plate #98.I wanted to do the coloring in monotone theme within the same red color family of copic markers so I chose R32, 34,37 and 39 for the outfit, the hair, the mermaid's scales, the tiny butterflies, and the hearts. I used an assortment of the red tones on each segment so that each would match and blend in with the adjacent parts. I added a simple sentiment "Miss You" to the card and lots of bling in assorted sizes to add a little pop. Hope this card inspires you to want this set. One other thing that I love on this plate (#101) is that it comes with wonderful sentiments "I love you. Not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you." "I am life a falling star who has finally found her her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever-Amy Tan" and "Happy Valentines Day" Have a loving day Holley

6 comments:

Larisa said...

wow!!! She is so pretty! Brilliant job! Love she is coloured so bright! Great image!!!!!

Hlora said...

These Sweet Pea Stamps are so cute)) ove this card a lot) I wish I had any of these stamps..)))

Linda W. said...

Reds are so wonderful on cards - not enough of use them! You did awesome Holley!

Card Crazy said...

Holley, your cards are always lovely but this is over the top gorgeous. What a beautiful image, and colored in your typical wonderful style.
Sue S.

* Shell B.* said...

Beautiful card Holley, love the bling you added!!

Shell~Alaska♥

Sue in CT said...

Wow! Now you know the person who is being missed will be home/over in a flash with a card like that. Absolutely gorgeous.