Saturday, July 11, 2009

I'll fly away

This Gorjuss girl is floating off into the heavens with her big red balloon. This stamp comes from the new set #3 recently released by Sugar Nellie. I bet she has a Gorjuss view from up there!



There's one new "thing" about this card. A change in my coloring....can you tell what? Hopefully not, as I didn't want the change to be too obvious.....

I started using my copic marker to color in the face/arms. See the difference now? I was never 100% happy with the way the skin tones would come out when watercoloring the faces, but I was also concerned about mixing the copics and watercolors in the same project. I like the subtlety of the watercolors which can be a contrast to the coverage you get with copic markers. But, I think they look fine together, what do you think?

Project Materials:

Cardstock (Bazzill); White pigment ink (stippled onto the cardstock to create clouds); Stamps (Gorjuss Girl - Sugar Nellie; Saying - StampaRosa); Sheer iridenscent vellum (unknown); Derwent Watercolor/Inktense pencils; Copic marker #EOO Skin white;

1 comment:

Shelly said...

This card is so sweet. I like the Copic markers for the skin. I started doing that several weeks ago when I color and have been very happy with the results. It gives a smoother skin tone. I haven't had any problems with mixing the mediums.